Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers Day

I guess it only fitting for my first post on this blog to be on the one day of the year where I would feel appreciated. The one day that you would think that the I would be allowed me time.
My day starts as any normal day, woken by my beautiful 3 month old baby boy @9am. I call out for my husband to come get the baby, because after all it is mother day and I should be able to sleep in a bit considering I was up all night with the baby. Funny my husband isn’t home. Could have sworn he went to the range yesterday bright and early. So I think, “MAYBE” he went to go get some breakfast or coffee or something. An hour passes by, still no husband and now my daughter is awake. Another hour, still no husband but a text…
Apparently he went to go help MY friend move somethings from her apartment to our house to store because she is moving out of the country for awhile. Apparently this takes 3+ hours.
So here I am in my lack of sleep state, already realizing today is just another day. Just another day for me to not have any time to do anything around the house because the baby needs somethings. Or I have to play super woman to everyone else around me. Drop everything and go to DH’s family’s house over an hour away because his mom said JUMP.
We don’t have much $ at the time, so I don’t expect much. A card is nice, but didn’t expect it because Birthday NO CARD/GIFT, Christmas NO CARD/GIFT, Easter NO CARD/NO GIFT, Birth of our Son NO CARD/GIFT, so why should mothers day be any different right? Well at least my 7 yr old daughter has enough sense to know that, so she secretly made me a card. It was soo sweet.
DH get into a few more fights today. One of which is where is likes to do this often, tell me how unimportant and low paying my job is, so why do I even bother. Belittle me and make me feel horrible. I work second shift, which is sucky hours, with only a High School Education, I’m sorry I can’t work a 9-5 making $20+ an hour. Someone has to stay home and take care of YOUR kids!
So here I sit at 1:30am the day after Mothers Day. Tired, and mentally exhausted. I can’t count how many times I’ve cried today. Empty handed and hearted. Thou as I type, listening to my little baby boy softly snore in my lap it almost make todays events ok. Make the fact that my right pinky is throbbing from being so upset I punched the closet door instead of my husbands smug face. Make it ok that I know I won’t get any sleep anytime soon. Makes it ok that I can hear my husband snoring from the other end of the house. Right
?

No comments:

Post a Comment